Monday 17 January 2011

Goal 11 - Spend 101 Euros on food in a month (3x times)

Spend 101 Euros on food in a month (3x times)

This goal was born out of several things:

a) On a Messageboard I read a discussion on whether eating a Vegan has to be expensive and there were a few people who said they were living on 100 euros a month. I was so impressed!

b) Berlin's former finance senat published a horrible mealplan mocking people with no jobs and told them to stop complaining as they could totally eat healthily on 4.5 Euros a day (http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t91089.html). With 101 a month I get an average of 3.3 Euros, yet I manage to eat a lot healthier than I would if I followed his yucky meal plan!

c) I am a poor university student, living off the money I make from working in my parents bookshop. Now the 400 euro hardly pay my rent, let alone the other things I need. In short: No es rich. On top of this, I am about to start looking for a new flat and chances are high that my rent will be higher this time, which means even less money left for food.

3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I found your blog by accident, when googel'ing how to live with 100 euros a month for food and your blog came up. It's been few weeks since this post, so i am curious how has your mission gone?
    I am a full-time employed woman from Estonia, and my budget is 100 euros for food (and household and hygiene items as toilet paper, shampoo etc). So how to manage? Any tips?
    Living alone in a rental flat. But salary is quite low here, so have to manage somehow. Hope you can help me and hope your mission is still going on and God bless!
    Mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i found blog by accident as well i understand your conditions because i living similar conditions in ireland as here is no jobs i getting 188 per week euro it seems better than you but in ireland i pay 70 e for rent and left jus about 100 e and food very expensive thanks god im not drinking just sometimes smoking so my spending habits is very bad i spending too much so food very important for me sometime i dont have shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining the mission (100 Euros/month)! I'm saving up money and this could be another way to live cheaper and better.

    ReplyDelete